TissueLyser Bead Cleanup
From PombEvolutionJump to navigationJump to search
In general, collect beads in 50mL tube with demi-water and keep them there until cleaning is needed.
- Remove water
- Add fresh 25 mL demi-water
- Vortex for several seconds
- Pour off water (collect water for proper disposal; assume liquid contains GMO)
- If beads are not clean, wipe beads clean with tissue paper
- Add 20mL 0.1M NaOH in MilliQ (for RNAse free beads, add [DEPC])
- Incubate overnight
- Pour out solution
- Wash beads with MilliQ (DEPC treated MilliQ for RNAse free) and pour out solution after each step.
- Transfer beads to sterile Petri dish and let dry in incubator (ON at 32°C or 37°C should be enough time)
- Store in clean tube